Registration for 2016-2017
Welcome to 2016-2017 school year! Davis Senior High School is excited to continue to participate in the DJUSD Online Re-Enrollment process. Starting July 14, 2016 you will receive an email from the District Office with a pin and password for the parent portal along with instructions. The Online Portal opens July 21, 2016. Please login and complete all the required district forms in this process prior to your student’s schedule pick up. Read the enclosed information carefully, complete the necessary attached paperwork, and ensure your student brings the requested documents on the designated schedule pick-up day noted below.
Students must be present to turn in site materials and receive their schedule and planner. The schedule pick-up process cannot be completed by a parent or friend because the student’s photo ID will be taken during the schedule pick up event. There is no cost for the ID. If your student is unable to attend schedule pick-up or the Late Schedule Pick-up, s/he must report to the North Gym on the first day of school, Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 7:15 a.m. Parents are not required to attend schedule pick-up with their student.
Schedule pick-up location: North Gym
(Remember to complete the DJUSD Online Re-Enrollment process prior to these dates!)
Seniors: Wednesday, August 17: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Junior High Students/Split Site: Wednesday, August 17: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Juniors: Wednesday, August 17: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sophomore Day: Thursday, August 18
- Link Crew: 8 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the North Gym
- Schedule Pick-up: 12:00 p.m. to 3p.m. in the South Gym
Late Schedule Pick-up: Tuesday, August 23: 1:00 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the North Gym. No Lifetouch Photography on this day. Students will still need to report to the North Gym on 8/24/16 at 7:15am for their student ID.
In order to pick up a class schedule students must meet all of the following:
- A parent or guardian has completed the DJUSD Online Re-Enrollment process through the parent portal at parentportal.djusd.net. The portal opens July 21, 2016. Please visit the djusd.net website for more information.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call (530)757-5400 x137.
- Student has a Clear School Record: Obligations such as debts owed to the school or district should be cleared right away. Schedules will be available upon clearance of all obligations.
- Student has taken the CELDT: ELD STUDENTS ONLY. EL students must complete the annual CELDT prior to receiving their schedule. Testing will take place in room P-21 and P-22 from 9am-1pm on August 16th and 17th. Parent/guardians cannot waive (opt out) children from this state requirement.
- A parent or guarding completed the change of address process: If you have moved, verification of current address is required or student will not be allowed to pick up his/her schedule. This has to happen in person, not through the electronic process. Mail will not be forwarded. Two (2) proof of residency documents are required – one from each category. Category #1: Mortgage paper or Lease agreement. Category #2: Current PG&E or City of Davis utility bill.
Please bring cash or check. You may use one check for any combination of the following items: ASB Card, HUB, Yearbook, PE Clothes (payable to: DSHS). You can also pay for the first four items (ASB Card, HUB, Yearbook, PE Clothing) online at BlueDevilonlineStore.myschoolcentral.com. See “Three Important Items” flyer for more info.
ASB Card - $65
HUB Subscription - $35
Yearbook - Option #1: In person $70. Option #2: Purchase online with a credit/debit card, go to dshs.djusd.net and click the Yearbook tab. Pricing valid August 1-24. Purchasing a yearbook online is the ONLY way to customize (name stamp, protective cover, etc.). The online AND cash/check price will increase throughout the year!
PE Clothing – You may purchase PE clothes on Thursday, August 18, 2016 during sophomore schedule pick-up. Shirts and shorts are $10 each.
PTA Forms – Checks made payable to: DHS PTA
Lifetouch Pictures – Please bring cash or check made payable to: Lifetouch.
Seniors: Prestige will be on the Davis Senior High School campus the week of August 15th. Studio appointment scheduling will be mailed directly to you.
Grad Night – Class of 2017 cash or check for $75.00, checks payable to Davis Grad Night and must be submitted with ticket form. Download form OR pay online at http://www.davisgradnight.org.
Free/Reduced Lunch Applications – A new application must be submitted at the beginning of every school year. Students who are approved for the National School Lunch Program are eligible for fee waivers and scholarships available from their counselors for many of the items listed above.
Schedule Adjustments: You may submit a pink Request to Adjust Schedule Form to your counselor for the following:
- Level change request if available (AP or honors to/from college prep)
- Completed course at summer school (Documentation required)
- Course needed for high school graduation requirement
- Course needed to meet UC/CSU a-g requirements
- Student earned a F or D grade and needs to repeat the class
- Medical/health issues require adjustment in schedule
Add/Drop Deadline: September 14, 2016
Attendance Information: Attendance procedures are in the Student Handbook and on the DSHS website dshs.djusd.net under attendance procedures. Please read them carefully before school starts. Note: Absences must be cleared within 48 hours. All college visits must be preapproved by administration. All college visit requests must be submitted in writing (email or letter) to the attendance office at least 3 days prior to the absence.
DSHS Athletics: Students interested in participating in DSHS Athletics must complete a sports physical packet. Packets are available in the DSHS Administration Office or download from dshs.djusd.net. Fall sports tryout information is also available on the DSHS website.
We look forward to seeing you!
Davis Senior High School Administration