Dear DSHS Students, Staff and Parents,
Please nominate an educator you think is most deserving of the honor of Floyd Fenocchio Memorial Educator of the Year. The criteria for consideration are listed below.
Please return your nomination form with an attached description/explanation of your nominee to Kate Prien, Site Secretary, no later than noon on Monday May 9, 2016. The finalist will receive the award at the Senior Awards Ceremony on May 31, 2016.
CRITERIA FOR EDUCATOR SELECTION FOR
FLOYD FENOCCHIO MEMORIAL EDUCATOR AWARD
The recommended educator must meet or exceed all of the following criteria:
1. Through daily experiences motivates students to learn, and supports student thinking and understanding.
2. Views education as an opportunity to serve students, colleagues and community.
3. Through his/her work exemplifies the high ethical codes of an educator in the Davis community.
4. Brings dignity to the profession of education and promotes the highest standards of performance.
5. Through his/her work demonstrates fairness to all students, staff, parents and all those whom he/she has a professional relationship.
6. Recognizes and exemplifies the best in curricular and instructional innovations and excellence in all aspects of his/her professional work.
7. Provides significant learning opportunities for students and supports quality instruction, and aspires to provide the best possible academic and/or instructional program.
8. Adheres to honesty and integrity in all aspects of his/her professional work.
9. Engages in extra-curricular activities with students and supports student participation in school related activities.
10. Participates in professional work and professional development.